Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My First Club Night Ever


It's one thing to play out from time to time, but quite another to have your very own club night for the first time.

I'm flattered, excited, but torn.

Please note that I never wanted or cared to be a "club DJ." Which leads me to mention that some people say that you have to pay your dues, of which I believe to be true. Generally, these "dues" include playing sets that no one else wants to play (usually when no one is present yet) and/or doing things they don't really want to do, just to prove themselves....things that usually include "club nights."


Again, after being in the scene for 10 years, things I don't necessarily disagree with, its just that now that I'm in my thirties, I really don't have a whole shit-ton of time for.

Luckily, I've seen it all in the meantime...dj's playing early sets, dj's playing sets so late they become early morning sets, dj's playing for no crowd or nothing at all.....and yet, I still feel compelled to do what it takes to get to where I want to be....well, on my own terms, which means, that its somewhat conditional.

How can I honestly accomplish this?

Strategy honey. Strategy.

I won't go into this entirely tonight, but eventually, I'll lay it all out. Shoot, I need to leave something to discuss for later...

In the meantime, I'll be playing at the Viceroy the Fourth Thursday of every month, courtesy of Clubvibes.com.

The night is called "Decks and the City." Coincidence? I think not. :)

Me and Jeromy Nail holding it down...


DJ Sol on the decks...

No comments: